Monday, July 11, 2005

squirrelly

why don’t they just make up their minds? their in the road, minding their own business when I intrude on their space. all of a sudden they panic. as fast as their little legs will move them, their off, doing their dead-level best to avoid mortality. something happens, but i’m not at all sure what. they about-face and run into my line of travel. what is it about these small brained creatures that makes them abandon the safety of their first choice and return themselves squarely in the lane of danger? and why am i so much like them?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Heh heh - I took out a chipmunk yesterday because it was behaving just so.

So much afraid of what might or might not be that in my busyness I do nothing?

Or maybe I'm just not decisive or strong enough to plant my feet on one path.

Or maybe I refuse to acknowledge the danger and think that Goodyear doesn't have my number.

I'm not sure.

Reid said...

"took out a chipmunk yesterday"

i can imagine the scene: pasted to the pavement, twitching involuntarily. i don't want to end up like that. kind of freaky how life imitates nature.

time to press on!