Monday, November 07, 2005

"Ooooooooh Fudge!"

I don't remember where we were last week when that line came up from "A Christmas Story." What a great movie, ranks up there with the other Christmas traditions like "It's A Wonderful Life."

I had another flash back to "A Christmas Story" yesterday while we were at the park. It reminded me of the kid who stuck his tongue to the flag pole. While eating lunch at a picnic table, a metal one with small holes all through it, my eight year old son got this grimacing look on his face, "My finger's stuck!" And it was - kind of like the Chinese handcuffs we use to pick up at the fair. Pulling only produced pain, too much to keep pulling. I just knew the fire department would have to cut the entire table up just to remove his jammed finger.

Fortunately, I had some chapstick. It provided enough slippage to remove the stuck digit. No fire department needed. It was worth the laugh though.

No comments: